Monday, April 6, 2009

In the start



I was excited. I paid $500 to get my locks installed. The only other things I'd ever paid more for was for courses, cars, and my dog. I couldnt believe it, but I wanted it.
Besides, I got a good deal i think. Because other loctitians quoted me as much as $850. But my locktitian only charged $500.
When I spoke with my loctitian over the phone, I knew she was to be the one. She sounded confident. She sounded resourceful. I picked her.
But I had to wait to have my hair grow long enough. THAT was hard. Because am so used to doing whatever with my hair, it was difficult, leaving my hair be.

And that brought me to another issue I had. If I was to lock my hair, will I be able to stand having thesame hair for long?I wasnt sure, but I was tired of wondering.

I had wanted dreadlocks since I was very young. And even more so, when i became a teenager. I once shaved my hair in highschool. I wanted that.
I wanted my hair natural.
And when it grew and I'd see my curls, and my texture ... oh my goodness. I loved it.

But then I wanted more.
So locks, it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment