Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sisterlocks or Bigger locks?

As you know, I have sisterlocks and to be honest with you, its (for the most part) been a great experience.

However, I have been thinking (more recently) about how NUTS it is that because I have over 400 locks, I cant retighten my locks myself. I once made an attempt... actually, I succeeded, but the success came three months after I started. By the time I was done the whole head, it was time to restart it all over again! arrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Maybe I should try again to see if this time it'll take me a shorter time?

I freaking doubt I'd do that.

Four days ago, I went over to see a friend of mine and helped her retighten her new locks. I envy her :(
She only had 40 so it took me less than an hour.





She looked so nice with them too!

My point is, although I chose sisterlocks because it'd give my thin hair a fuller look, if I could do things over again, I'm pretty certain that I would have gone the palm-roll (or other forms of bigger locks) route. This way, I could do it myself and not have to pay to have them retightened or have to make the time to... I like the feeling that I get when I know that I am self sufficient (though no one is ever truly self sufficient). Wish I didnt need a loctician to retighten my hair. Though to be honest, I probably have the best loctitian on this side of the globe.

Back to my newly-locked friend...I get this nice feeling inside knowing that she decided to take the plunge. She used to be my weaverlicious-partner-in-crime. In highschool,we had weave in all sorts of colours. Blue, Green, Purple, Pink, Red, Burgundy, Blonde... we did them all.
I dont think we did yellow though... lol

And now, we're both locked. When I asked her why she did it, she said
"I've always liked it".
But she never took the plunge till now. Hey! Better late than never. I'm just glad she's finally on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment